You are not logged in.

#101 2018-02-08 14:47:45

KYLE

Re: HOW TO PLAY ONLINE: R6 - RAINBOW SIX 3 (RAVEN SHIELD, ATHENA SWORD, IRON WRATH) MULTIPLAYER PATCH UPDATE 2024

OMG!

Absolutely PRISTINE installation of Raven Shield, Athena Sword, manually installed Iron Wrath, Exited Steam, renamed the game's main directory by adding " - ONLINE" to the end of it, installed the Multiplayer Patch, went into the System folder, clicked on the application's .exe, Steam launches, and now Steam says that the game's executable is missing, takes 4 min. to install something (the "missing" executable that is actually THERE?), game launches to the Default of everything.  I check the arm patches: just the default ones, go to play Multiplayer and it's only coming up with UbiPlay login. 

I did EVERYTHING correctly, did I not?

After exiting Steam, I re-installed the Multiplayer Patch over the same directory as before.  Launched from the same .exe from inside the System folder, the game LAUNCHED without Steam interfering.  Checked again the Multiplayer settings of having a speed of "T3," checked the arm patches---nope, they're still the default ones (the 150+ aren't there), and when I check the servers I'm blocked by UbiPlay login.

Any advice?

Last edited by KYLE (2018-02-08 14:59:18)

#102 2018-02-08 14:57:36

Legacy
Administrator
Website

Re: HOW TO PLAY ONLINE: R6 - RAINBOW SIX 3 (RAVEN SHIELD, ATHENA SWORD, IRON WRATH) MULTIPLAYER PATCH UPDATE 2024

No!
Dude you cant rename the one you are going to play online with I just said that in another post

Leave the one you plan on using to play online as normal. Only rename the copy you want for SP.

76561198018697268.png
Discord - Steam Group - Twitter - Facebook

Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield is online with NEW content
Also Rogue Spear, Athena Sword, Iron Wrath even Vegas, SWAT 4 maps!

#103 2018-02-08 15:08:23

KYLE

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh....!

Renamed Directory back to Default.  Exited Steam.  Installed Multiplayer Patch.  Annnnnnnd...

I CAN FINALLY see the AllR6 listings! 

YESSSSSS!

That said, still just the default arm patches - does that mean anything significant?

I have to leave for a couple of hours.

Is there a way for me to auto-load all of the maps, weapons, gear, etc., in ONE shot, or do I have to get them selectively by clicking on one map at a time, or...?

Thank you for your PATIENT help.  It's been YEARS since I've last played online.

#104 2018-02-08 15:11:21

Legacy
Administrator
Website

Haha there ya go! Dont forget set connection speed to T3.

Download armpatches pack here:
http://allr6.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?id=176

You should see the AR6 armpatch though already smile

76561198018697268.png

#105 2018-02-08 18:09:49

KYLE

So, is there a special server that will pipe down all of the goodies in one shot, or...?

It's going to be a while yet before I hop on tonight.  Cooking/eating/cleaning/tucking kids in to do.

If I can get that download started now, it can run while I do all of the above.

#106 2018-02-09 02:13:18

KYLE

Tried several maps - and I'm LOVING it!

The maps are VERY well done.  Extremely atmospheric, and notoriously hard.  Good stuff!  Thank you for all of the hard work!

#107 2018-02-11 10:14:53

Robin Croneld

Hello! I tried this patch but i can only see 4 servers? I seem to remember theres suppose to be more.

#108 2018-02-11 11:11:03

Legacy
Administrator
Website

Robin Croneld wrote:

Hello! I tried this patch but i can only see 4 servers? I seem to remember theres suppose to be more.

Click Internet (not LAN)
Hit Refesh a few times.
And importantly, change connection speed to T3!

76561198018697268.png

#109 2018-04-18 07:32:29

flower

you rock brother, thx a bunch for this smile

#110 2018-05-06 14:16:01

ratache

Installed the patch and created a server. It seemed fine at first but the game locks up when I play, for instance a couple of seconds after I shoot at an enemy. Very annoying, does anyone recongnize this problem?

#111 2018-05-06 15:59:54

Legacy
Administrator
Website

You set connection speed to T3 right?
Do you have the issue when you connect to other servers.
Note the first time you join a server it will be about 3-5 minutes to download any updates.
But after that joining is usually instant or just a few seconds if you don't have a map etc.

If you need help, join R6CHAT.com and post in #techsupport there regarding LAN server because its not easily explained here its easier to talk in real time.

76561198018697268.png

#112 2018-05-31 21:25:22

JackaL

belies wrote:

This game sucks, because stutterring

Um. Two things. Get this: http://allr6.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?id=91 and also set connection speed to T3 in options.

#113 2018-06-01 06:14:13

belies

Ty

Bud i never use Mods, all must standard

#114 2018-06-01 10:15:36

Jimpen

Hi,

This is just super lol , been searching for solutions long time until I gave up couple of years ago.
I have followed the steps and I can see all the servers and have T3 set, but when trying to create my own Internet game it freezes after I press launch and have been that way for 20 mins +, it said earlier in the thread that it can take up to 5 mins first time, but now I'm starting to doubt roll

#115 2018-06-04 07:43:03

Legacy
Administrator
Website

belies wrote:

Ty

Bud i never use Mods, all must standard

Its not a mod. It fixes the game so it runs better on modern systems.

Jimpen try creating LAN not Internet. Uncheck dedicated.

Regarding "5 mins" that was in relation to joining an existing server for downloading updates.

76561198018697268.png

#116 2018-06-27 00:29:40

moonshine560

Just want to say thanks. This is awesome work. So glad to have these working again.

Is there a way to bypass the Iron Wrath CDKEY & UBI account prompt? Because I can load and play Iron Wrath just fine in Single Player. And I can play the normal Ravenshield and Athena Sword now, with your patch. Just seems like Iron Wrath wants to authenticate somewhere. I thought that's what you fixed for the other 2 games to work...

Awhile back, a friend of mine and I rewrote the Iron Wrath maps, textures, etc. to work in Ravenshield or Athena Sword, but we could not ever get the Iron Wrath weapons or sounds to work. That was more intensive coding than he or I had experience with. Still though, to be able to see and at least play the official Iron Wrath maps was pretty awesome. It sounds like you have those working on your servers.

Was just wondering if you had any tips to bypass that UBI login, so that if I wanted to create my own Internet server too, that it would launch.

Also, do you have any fixes for the original Ghost Recon games to also bypass the UBI login servers?

Last edited by moonshine560 (2018-06-27 10:15:53)

#117 2018-06-27 20:22:49

Legacy
Administrator
Website

Hey moon. Welcome to the community!
We have new maps, new guns, modern sights/scopes/iron sights and more content always being made. Keeping the game fresh!

We included all IW, AS sounds in the ALLR6 2.4 patch and therefore people are able to now hear them when they play on our servers when we run those maps in Raven Shield. The only way to play multiplayer now was to combine things. Iron Wrath and Athena Sword only work for single player use. Iron Wrath is a bit tricky to get to work sometimes though. You can also post in #techsupport channel at the Discord (http://www.R6CHAT.com) anytime. Sorry we never made one for Ghost Recon but I think some people on the Discord play it still using LAN or something. You can create a LAN server, and long as you give people your external ip, and open ports so they can connect to you, with the ALLR6 2.4 patch it should work via JOIN IP.

76561198018697268.png

#118 2018-06-27 22:06:35

moonshine560

Awesome Legacy!
I am pretty amazed at how much work you did to get this working again. And I'm most delighted to still see a strong community going for this game.

I have installed your patch and noticed it worked for the most part. I did notice the game locking up on me a few times, but may have to check the compatibility mode. I don't think I switched it to WinXP yet.

Also, a couple of quick technical questions for you. So all maps and sounds, from AS and IW, are ONLY working in the mod or game section of the base game Ravenshield?

I read that transferring the weapons from Each expansion to the other, was rather difficult. Is this the case with your patch too? Or were you able to re-code the weapons as well? To use AS and IW weapons in Ravenshield?

Do I still need to install IW manually? Or is everything included in your installer? I think that's what you said.

Do you have a complete list of the files your installer puts in the game folder? If so, that would be handy for my reference. I would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks again and look forward to your response. Oh & I did join your Discord group last night as well. I used to run a small local Texas based private server with a few friends and we still talk and hang out often. Some of us have moved over to Siege, but a few of the old die hards remain faithful to Ravenshield and Ghost Recon more.

Last edited by moonshine560 (2018-06-27 22:25:30)

#119 2018-07-29 02:02:22

samiool

I love the Rainbow GAME. But now-a-days it is lagging a lot.

#120 2019-04-14 09:24:16

Cook

Hi Community!
I tried to install my version from CD. But cant run the game.
Tried to start in compatibility mode, as admin and edited the ini file (StartupFullScreen=False), but nothing works. sad
I tried to install with directx, but directx install failed. manuell execution of directx setup said "a newer version is installed".
Any ideas?

#121 2019-04-14 09:44:56

Legacy
Administrator
Website

Try the NOCD patch http://allr6.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?id=101

If nothing works, you can use this version of the game its portable and patched for online as well http://justpaste.it/r63

Or you can get the Steam version its good too. It usually goes on sale for really really cheap.

76561198018697268.png

#122 2019-05-01 14:22:35

Mr T

I do have RVS 2.0 Mod, do i need to uninstall it?

#123 2019-05-01 15:04:24

Legacy
Administrator
Website

Mr T wrote:

I do have RVS 2.0 Mod, do i need to uninstall it?

You will need a totally clean install of the game with no mods in order to play online.
You can use your modded copy for single player only.

Make a fresh install copy of the game and install the ALLR6 Multiplayer Patch to it instead.

Note that all new guns, iron sights, scopes, custom terrorists, maps and such will be playable on the servers you join. The ALLR6 servers run many nice mods, much recent and newer than the "2.0" mod in fact.

You will find on the ALLR6 coop servers we have lots of new content. Ranging from new maps (with better graphics and detail) to new guns, custom game, iron sights, new scopes, new missions and terrorists, smarter terrorists on some maps that call for backup and ambush more, new things like tactical flashlight that blinds enemies up close, the snake cam like from vegas only it also works on corners. And you can have custom gun camo on any of the newer guns in the list on the servers. And note that all of these new guns maps etc will download as you join an online server. Just be sure to set the connection speed to T3 in the options menu so its fastest. The first time you join a server it takes a little bit but after that you're good to go.

A tip for using some of the new sights and scopes, you can press ALT to change the crosshair style on some of them, pressing ALT will also activate for instance the magnifier on the G33. Holding down ALT will change the crosshair color too on some of them.

You can also give your back up AI team commands in coop on the server. H is for hold. But you can press Space or F by default I think up ahead on the ground and they will move up. Or hold it down on a door for multiple options like Frag and Clear etc. If you right click to execute the order they will wait for you to press Zulu Go  ( , ) before they go in. So, say you are at one door and they are at another, you can time it to go in together. Or you can use them as extra lives when you die. They are available online if 4 or less real people are playing at the moment.

also welcome to the community dude. Join the Discord community at http://r6chat.com

76561198018697268.png

#124 2019-05-03 08:17:34

RayKrol

Hello! That a really good patch/mod but..
When i host game in internet i get freezes every 2-3 mins(in game).
In host LAN game all right.
Connection speed set to T3. On your Servers all working without freezes.
OPTIMIZATION PATCH Installed.
why can this be happening? sad

#125 2019-05-04 03:33:01

RayKrol

Ohh problem is gone with .DLL patching big_smile
Sry. Your patch is best))

QUICK REPLY

Write Your Message and Submit

Footer

ALLR6 Built by Legacy | © Copyright 2016-Present
Get Rainbow Six 3 Gold On Steam!
Classic Rainbow Six Lives in 2022!

Rainbow Six, Rogue Spear, Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield, Athena Sword, Iron Wrath, Black Arrow, R6 Siege, Quarantine, Extraction, Black Ops Plus All Expansions
We Are Not Affiliated With Ubisoft or Red Storm Entertainment