You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-15 19:26:16

DuMaj

Setting up Rogue Spear on Windows 7, I need a little help

Hi, everyone!

So recently I got a nostalgia hit about the old Rainbow Six games that I used to play back in the day (original 1998 version, Rogue Spear, Black Thorn, etc.), and reminiscing back on the old days made me want to reexperience the moments I had during my childhood, so naturally, I took it upon myself to go out on the web and buy these games. Unfortunately, I found that most of them aren't available for sale, and are classified as abandonware.

Luckily, I did manage to find a way on how to get these games and how to set them up on modern systems. I've been following this guide so far, and even tho it's primarily focused on Windows 10, most of the steps involved aren't OS-dependent. so installing the game was easy.

Nonetheless, there were small amounts of things that needed to be adjusted for the game to work on Windows 7 compared to Windows 10, and it's only recently that I learned how these games are infamous on how painful it is to install and run them on today's systems.

So far, the process was quite simple. The game's installation was easy, I was able to patch it, and I can run the game. However, there are a few issues that I've been trying so hard to solve these past couple of days, and so far I had no luck.

I'm creating this thread in hopes that someone might be able to help me figure out why the game behaves this way, and what can I do to fix it. I have written down my experience trying to run the game here: https://rentry.co/9af3q

I couldn't record a proper video of the issues I had. If I tried to record a video with any DXWrappers, the video shows a flickering black screen, even tho the game runs normally on my side.

I did manage to record it without any wrapper tools, but it shows a very small screen in the top-left corner, which is weird. Also, the video doesn't quite show the proper visual bugs that I'm experiencing, but you get the idea of what I'm experiencing. Here's the link to the video:

Is there a way to set up this game to run normally and without any issues? I'm dying to play it, and honestly, while I do know there are mods like Black Ops, I would prefer to play the original game as I did back in the day. Additionally, I'd prefer to avoid using a VM.

I feel like I'm really close to solving this problem and making the game run smooth and without visual bugs, I just need to find that little bit of information left somewhere, so I'm hoping you guys will be able to help big_smile

Apologies for the long post, and thank you for reading this far!

Cheers!

Last edited by DuMaj (2022-01-15 19:28:34)

QUICK REPLY

Write Your Message and Submit

Footer

ALLR6 Built by Legacy | © Copyright 2016-Present
Get Rainbow Six 3 Gold On Steam!
Classic Rainbow Six Lives in 2022!

Rainbow Six, Rogue Spear, Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield, Athena Sword, Iron Wrath, Black Arrow, R6 Siege, Quarantine, Extraction, Black Ops Plus All Expansions
We Are Not Affiliated With Ubisoft or Red Storm Entertainment