You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-09 15:12:10

hk416_nut

Suggestions for new features to mod into RVS?

I'm always surprised at the new mods being made and released for this game,
which is why it remains one of my favorite first person shooters of all time.

So I thought I'd open a thread where we can all post
our suggestions for what modders could develop next.

My suggestions
--------------------
-Picking up enemy weapons
Remember the Ordnance Project? One of its features had you able to swap your current
weapons with any dropped by tangos. While that isn't what professional counter terrorists do,
I personally enjoy doing Lone Wolf sessions and would love to start off with a sidearm and
be forced to scavenge for weapons from the enemies I kill in order to survive. I suppose in
order to work with the Supply Mod, that would mean randomizing the attachments the
enemies use like suppressors and optics.

-Survival Mode
Like it says on the tin. An endless horde mode where you fight off
an onslaught of tangos, either Lone Wolf-style or as a single squad.
Basically Zombies but with tangos.

-Issuing orders to individual squadmates
Like it says. Being able to issue orders to individual members in your team
rather than the entire squad itself, which would be fantastic for single-team gameplay.

-Ordering tangos to surrender
Yelling orders to tangos to surrender and drop their weapons ala Swat 4.
I imagine it would run the risk of alerting nearby enemies who would jump you,
and it would be better to use on unsuspecting enemies, particularly from behind or
even on wounded or blinded tangos.
Any thoughts?

-Dual wielding sidearms
Okay. I know nobody's going to want it but I wanna spit it out anyway.
Treated as an "attachment" like the optics, it would allow you to dual wield sidearms which
would double your magazine capacity, increase the firing rate (to simulate firing two weapons repeatedly)
but half the magazine count and considerably ramp up the recoil to make it more suitable for close-quarters combat.
It would also have to take away the ability to iron sight aim with them for obvious reasons.

It probably won't be as feasible for SMGs unless someone can code them to fire both weapons at once.
Again, I know this won't be a popular choice given its a tactical shooter. I just wanna toss this out anyway.

#2 2024-01-07 17:02:38

Bo_lathrop

Re: Suggestions for new features to mod into RVS?

If I had a choice, I would tailor the game to focus on a story of Tom Clancy and capabilities surrounding the ability to control team AI, and the planning process.  As you can find in one of my posts, I am very much compiling a strategy to potentially develop a total conversion for RVS bringing back and creating new avenues to experience real life tactical procedures, and Tom Clancy lore.  Once I get it all organized, I will just need a team to help me. lol. wishful thinking.

#3 2024-01-07 18:51:40

Bo_lathrop

Re: Suggestions for new features to mod into RVS?

https://trello.com/b/Hlxt0y4M/raven-shield-project  here is my planning board

QUICK REPLY

Write Your Message and Submit

Footer

ALLR6 Built by Legacy | © Copyright 2016-Present
Get Rainbow Six 3 Gold On Steam!
Classic Rainbow Six Lives in 2022!

Rainbow Six, Rogue Spear, Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield, Athena Sword, Iron Wrath, Black Arrow, R6 Siege, Quarantine, Extraction, Black Ops Plus All Expansions
We Are Not Affiliated With Ubisoft or Red Storm Entertainment