You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-16 18:57:22

nsstech

Anyone interested in a pistols only server? -=NSS=- Tech is back!

So i finally partitioned my hard drive and installed XP SP3. No matter what I couldnt get rvs 1.6 to run on win7 on my laptop OR desktop, no compatibility mode/run as admin, etc. I could get it to run on an XP image in VMWare but the performance was real shitty. I am downloading the online patch as we speak!

I dont know if anyone remembers our server, but we ran -=NSS=- Pistols Only with anticamper and a lot of the DoD pistol maps.

Im on fiber and was wondering if you guys would be interested in a pistols only server? It would be running on a Phenom II X6 @ 4.2 ghz w/ 8GB of DDR3 all on an SSD- so I'm sure the server would be more than capable. I remember running servers completely full on a cable connection on and old P4 windows 2000 system with no problems and it also ran our TS/Ventrilo server.

Let me know and I'll check this post tomorrow. If you guys are interested I would be more than happy to run a dedicated pistols only server!!!!

-=NSS=- Not So Serious is back!!!!

If we do get the server up and going, is N4Admin still used/supported? May need some help installing and setting that up.

Last edited by nsstech (2018-02-16 19:00:09)

#2 2018-02-16 19:06:35

Legacy
Administrator
Website

Re: Anyone interested in a pistols only server? -=NSS=- Tech is back!

Yeah dude N4 still works. But its up to you if you wanted to install it.
Shoot me the server IP and we will get your server listed.

I will make a Discord voice channel for your server too if you want so that way everyone can just join the community together at R6CHAT.com Discord. 800 members as of today and rising.

Let me know if any issues setting up.
I will help you get your server up.

76561198018697268.png
Discord - Steam Group - Twitter - Facebook

Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield is online with NEW content
Also Rogue Spear, Athena Sword, Iron Wrath even Vegas, SWAT 4 maps!

#3 2018-02-16 19:10:55

nsstech

Sounds good. I'll work on setting up the server and forwarding/opening correct ports this evening. For now its payday and I need to go pick up some trees and chief up. Gonna grab some applebees with the girl and I'll start setting everything up when we get back!

Also, where can I find the anticamper download? For now ill just run that map and see if if generates any traffic/interest. There used to be a HUGE community of pistols only fans, and anticamper servers were always packed!

#4 2018-02-16 19:40:11

Legacy
Administrator
Website

Here is Anticamper: http://www.woody2000.com/download.php?view.468 
Note that some of those maps on that site are a bit outdated and buggy.
Install at own risk if using for your server.

Any other maps - if you join a server - as usual will download automatically for anyone who joins as I'm sure you remember.

Important, dont forget, set connection speed to T3 its the fastest the game can handle. Otherwise you will get laggy as it bottlenecks.

Chat soon!

76561198018697268.png

#5 2018-02-17 12:25:25

nsstech

Sorry guys, I partied hard and got way too fucked up on a little of everything last night. I've got a water pump to install and some stuff around the house to do. Hopefully I can get the server up and going this evening. Also, hopefully you guys can help me get raven shield running on Win7 ult x64. I tried for 6 months on both my laptop and desktop and my buddy can't get it working on his win7 (x86) either. I'm fairly tech savvy with a couple CCNA, linux, and A+ certifications. But no matter what any compatibility mode I try, run as admin, disable visual effects, etc. the game never launches on any of the 3 win7 systems. I finally just made a small 40GB partition on my laptop and installed XP on that partition. Game runs flawlessly now on my laptop.

I might just have one of you guys remote in to my win7 desktop/laptop and work your magic on my rvs folder.

Will update this evening when I get some free time!

#6 2018-02-17 13:39:13

Legacy
Administrator
Website

Tonight I will be in NY but tomorrow I can help you if you are around. Monday I am also free all day. I run Windows 7 64bit flawlessly with the game I can basically just set yours how I have mine set up and it should go well. And you might need some help testing the servers getting them to work properly with the patch etc. For remote control - Teamviewer is what you use yes?

76561198018697268.png

#7 2018-02-17 20:45:31

nsstech

Yep teamviewer. Need to know what ports to forward? just 7777? and is that TCP or UDP? for now I will just be running anticamper 24/7 pistols only to see if that generates any interest.

Also I got rvs working on win7 32 bit. Just copied the system folder from my working, patched ravenshield on the windows XP partition into my windows 7 system rvs folder and now it launches!!! I did the same thing on my 64 bit win7 system but to no avail. The solution, for whatever crazy reason is to use a DLL injector to inject core.dll into ravenshield.exe, wait for it to crash, then launch ravenshield.exe. I made a batch file to automate the inject dll, wait 3 seconds for crash, launch ravenshield exe. Working flawlessly. This leads me to believe the ravenshield.exe has some kind of problem initializing/calling the core.dll file. It seems the injector throws whatever is needed from the DLL into memory long enough for the 2nd exe launch to be succesful. Makes NO SENSE but hey, it works!

#8 2018-02-21 16:03:35

_six_

I would ABSOLUTELY love a pistols only server.  I was just searching for how to set up a server of my own for that very reason.  Pistols is pretty much all I used to play.  I'll be following this with extreme interest...

#9 2018-02-21 16:32:02

Legacy
Administrator
Website

Tech, the following ports need to be open in your firewall/router and anti virus program:
7777 - 7787 and 8777 - 8787 Incoming and Outgoing UDP but I do TCP as well.

Let me know when you need me to test join via IP. Then I can get it listed for you.
Also I will create a voice chat channel for your server on the ALLR6 Discord Community (R6CHAT.com)

76561198018697268.png

#10 2018-02-24 16:28:47

Legacy
Administrator
Website

Tech! lol

76561198018697268.png

#11 2018-03-30 18:53:38

Nub
Nub

yes please

]:D

Last edited by Nub (2018-03-30 18:54:07)

O:)

#12 2018-04-09 16:16:44

nsstech

Sorry guys ive been really busy working out of town non stop! Finally got home today !!! The server has been up and running, but I still need to figure out how to forward correct ports. Also need an admin/password setup....and I'll need a couple guys to manage it as im gone a lot! It's a cisco 48 port that is managed via a serial/COM port to ethernet adapter and I'm a little rusty setting up my routes still.

I'm considering running the server in a Virtual Machine in VMWare. That way you guys (admins, whoever wants it) could login to the server remotely and FULLY manage it.

Is there any downside to this? I would like to have someone be able to login to the ACTUAL server, not just the game server.

I think the first step would be to get the port forwarding working on the main system itself, and then work on getting the rvs server working in a virtual machine. I really want the virtual machine route so you guys can log in and get n4admin installed and all that good stuff.

My idea is a VM (either a small linux distro or an XP SP3) running a dedicated rvs server and a teamviewer app running 24/7 (not sure its free for an unlimited time) . That way we could have a couple admins with FULL access to the server to restart/change settings/maps/etc.

I think allocating 2 cores and 2GB of ram to the VM would suffice just fine with 16 players.

Thoughts? Pointers? Ideas?

#13 2018-04-09 16:20:17

Legacy
Administrator
Website

Hey dude, we have another option to host the server with our pal. He just launched a Stock Missions Only server for us. (The others are hosted elsewhere.) We could use his instead since its already working and ready to go. And you can be an admin. It will be ALLR6.com based, but its up to you dude. I have FTP access to it. And you could get the same and run the maps how you wish for the most part since its your idea in the first place. But it would save you all the hassel of hosting yourself.  Anyway just let me know smile Its just easier to host them together on his.

76561198018697268.png

#14 2018-04-09 16:56:12

nsstech

-=NSS=- Pistols Only
Can some people try connecting? I think ive got all ports forwarded 7777 - 7787 and 8777 - 8787

Let me know!

#15 2018-04-09 17:04:55

nsstech

Well I can't even connect to my own server via local IP (192.168.0.4). Firewall has all server/client apps allowed. What the hell!?

#16 2018-04-09 17:15:34

nsstech

Firewall is disabled, server is set to DMZ on the modem here. I fucking give up. I have 2 servers running on 7777 and 7778. Let me know if you guys have any luck connecting. sad

#17 2018-04-09 17:26:55

nsstech

Both servers are up on 7777 and 7778. I'm fucking pissed off.I have no idea why I can't join the server via local IP on the same machine. I'm going to get some cigarettes.

#18 2020-10-16 09:06:02

-=NSS=-FrooB

Gone the days of NSS, we had great laughs in TS, its been so long i don't even remember their unique names, so sad.

used to love our pistols only anticamper server.

found this by chance, https://steamcommunity.com/id/Merl1nz/

you can add me steam if you want ^

#19 2020-10-17 13:19:01

Legacy
Administrator
Website

Did you join our Discord FrooB? at https://discord.gg/tactical

76561198018697268.png

#20 2024-03-23 12:19:50

CRANK

nsstech wrote:

Both servers are up on 7777 and 7778. I'm fucking pissed off.I have no idea why I can't join the server via local IP on the same machine. I'm going to get some cigarettes.

Would still love Pistol only servers. Fast action. We play on OS from time to time on Saturdays. FRI & SAT PVP time.

CRANK

QUICK REPLY

Write Your Message and Submit

Footer

ALLR6 Built by Legacy | © Copyright 2016-Present
Get Rainbow Six 3 Gold On Steam!
Classic Rainbow Six Lives in 2022!

Rainbow Six, Rogue Spear, Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield, Athena Sword, Iron Wrath, Black Arrow, R6 Siege, Quarantine, Extraction, Black Ops Plus All Expansions
We Are Not Affiliated With Ubisoft or Red Storm Entertainment