You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-21 19:51:54

Legacy
Administrator
Website

HOW TO PLAY ONLINE: R6 - RAINBOW SIX 3 (RAVEN SHIELD, ATHENA SWORD, IRON WRATH) MULTIPLAYER PATCH UPDATE 2024

This thread was last updated on JAN 29, 2024.

Good news! Rainbow Six 3 is still online with lots of new content in 2024! Often hailed as the last of the classic R6 series of the best hardcore tactical first person shooters in the world. Rainbow Six 3 on PC is Raven Shield, Athena Sword, Iron Wrath respectively. Black Arrow on console. R6 3 is active with content from original Rainbow Six, R6 Rogue Spear, R6 Vegas maps and more! Some remastered and some ported maps by Red Storm Entertainment and Ubisoft at the time as well as several remasters since then with a lot of graphical improvements and more.

The game supports multiple servers with game modes like:

• Cooperative:
Missions (Hostage Rescue, Capture the Commander, Bomb Defusal, Evidence Retrieval, Stealth etc)
Terrorist Hunt

• Adversarial PVP:
Team Deathmatch, Survival (Last Man Standing Deathmatch), Pilot, Team Bomb etc.

Featuring all styles of maps from small to large, close quarter battles, sniping long range firefights as well, outdoor maps, indoor, winter, summer, rainy, snowy, night time and everything in between. TRUE variety and something for everyone with difficulty level as well.

Some of the content that Rainbow Six 3 offers these days is modern sights/scopes that you see in todays games with on the fly features like turning on the G33 magnifier with Holographic for instance, new maps with destructible environment and improved special effects, detail and graphics overall. Custom camo skins for guns. New items like under door/corner snake camera, tactical flashlight that blinds enemies up close for a moment, medical kit to heal injuries and heal your team members and improved AI coding for backup operatives and tangos that call for backup, flank, use cover and more. Order your AI teams to breach and clear rooms and help you conquer the toughest missions. Even in COOP, if a server has less than 4 real people you get backup AI squad mates to help you fight, or you can let them sit back and follow you around or tell them to hold at the insertion point, using them as a backup reinforcement if things get tough. The game allows for variety of challenges and fun experience. The reason why its still online today with more content being made for it. Now for what you are here for...

To make the online servers show again for Rainbow Six 3:

1) Get the OpenRVS 1.6 Update (Jan 29, 2024)

Download from any of the following locations:
Option 1: https://allr6.com/OpenRVS-v1.6.zip (32kb)
Option 2: Github Release (32kb)
Option 3: ModDB (32kb)

2) Get the Sound Update so you can hear proper multiplayer sounds from custom maps and expansions

https://soundfix.allr6.com/

3) Get the optimization patch also, to fix freezing/lag etc (you can edit StartFullscreen= in Ravenshield.exe if you need to)

• R6 3 Optimization Patch https://allr6.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?id=91
We HIGHLY recommend that you get the Optimization Patch. It will help run the latest maps smoother and it fixes a lot of issues with Windows 10 and modern PC compatibility. Just copy Mods and System folders into your Rainbow Six 3 Gold or Raven Shield folder.

INSTALL/UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Close the game, close Steam or Uplay
2. Copy each patch folder/file or merge to your Rainbow Six 3 or Raven Shield system folder.
For example if you have the Steam version you would go to:

C: > Program Files > Steam > steamapps > common > Rainbow Six 3 > system

or for example with older retail version its typically:

C: > Program Files (x86) > Raven Shield > system

3. IMPORTANT! Set your connection speed to T3 in the Multiplayer Options like below:
T3.jpg

Done!

Now launch your game from a shortcut on the desktop and go to Multiplayer > Internet (not LAN)
Play! Our servers are the ALLR6 servers in the server list. Stay frosty!

OTHER TIPS/INFO:
• I suggest 1920x1080 resolution for most people this looks the best.
• Right click Ravenshield.exe - Properties - Run As Administrator and Compatibility for Windows XP SP3
• Install this to properly optimize your game for smoother FPS and better graphics and sound:
[ http://allr6.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?id=91 ]

• WINDOWS 10 ISSUES: Sometimes it does not install to the game folder.
* MAKE SURE GAME IS CLOSED. Close STEAM or UPLAY too.
* If it still does not work, manual install the patch.
* Just install the patch to a folder on your desktop.
* Then just copy and paste the inside folders (sounds, armpatches, system)
   to your game folder. Done!

//▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
• Our Facebook https://www.facebook.com/tacticalgamingnetwork/
• TGI Steam https://steamcommunity.com/id/tacticalg … teractive/
• Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/tacticalgamingnetwork/
• Steam Group https://steamcommunity.com/groups/tacti … ngnetwork/ (formerly ALLR6)
• Instagram http://instagram.com/tacticalgaminginteractive
• Twitter https://twitter.com/tginteractive
• TGN YouTube: youtube.com/TacticalGamingNetwork
//▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

--------------
• CREDITS
--------------
Guides Written By, ALLR6 Developed By Legacy
OpenRVS Patch Developed By .Twi & Will & maintained with RVSgaming.org (Tony) and Will as of 2024.
Previous ALLR6 2.4 AutoInstaller Patch By Trosty
R6GameService Patch Developed By Chriswak
GitHub

-------------
http://www.discord.gg/tactical

POLL - CAST YOUR VOTE!

Which R6 of these Is Your Favorite?

1. Rainbow Six 1 also with Mission Pack Eagle Watch - Votes: 1 [100%]

100%

2. Rainbow Six 2: Rogue Spear with Urban Operations, Covert Operations and Black Thorn - Votes: 1 [100%]

100%

3. Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield, Athena Sword, Iron Wrath & Black Arrow - Votes: 1 [100%]

100%

4. R6 Vegas, R6 Vegas 2 - Votes: 0 [0%]

0%

5. R6 Siege - Votes: 0 [0%]

0%

6. R6 Extraction - Votes: 0 [0%]

0%

Guests can't vote

Last edited by Legacy (2024-01-29 14:33:48)

76561198018697268.png
Discord - Steam Group - Twitter - Facebook

Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield is online with NEW content
Also Rogue Spear, Athena Sword, Iron Wrath even Vegas, SWAT 4 maps!

#2 2017-01-21 20:02:12

Legacy
Administrator
Website

Re: HOW TO PLAY ONLINE: R6 - RAINBOW SIX 3 (RAVEN SHIELD, ATHENA SWORD, IRON WRATH) MULTIPLAYER PATCH UPDATE 2024

If you have any problems let me know.

Some of you in Windows 10 may need to edit your RavenShield.ini in the System folder of your game.
Find the line

StartupFullscreen=True

and make it

StartupFullscreen=False

then you just press Alt+Enter when you launch the game when at the menu.

You maybe can try changing your VerticleSync settings too.

76561198018697268.png

#3 2017-01-27 05:00:48

N64Lain
Born into Rainbow Six

Re: HOW TO PLAY ONLINE: R6 - RAINBOW SIX 3 (RAVEN SHIELD, ATHENA SWORD, IRON WRATH) MULTIPLAYER PATCH UPDATE 2024

THANKS A BUNCH!!! I was wondering what happened to the online mode last time I played. I was pretty sad to be honest. Thought I'd never get to play it online again. But whoever made OpenRVS saved it! Thanks for bringing this to my attention! Can't wait to play! (Probably playing later because I gotta get some shuteye for right now. lol)

#4 2017-02-01 07:53:23

Legacy
Administrator
Website

N64Lain wrote:

THANKS A BUNCH!!! I was wondering what happened to the online mode last time I played. I was pretty sad to be honest. Thought I'd never get to play it online again. But whoever made OpenRVS saved it! Thanks for bringing this to my attention! Can't wait to play! (Probably playing later because I gotta get some shuteye for right now. lol)

Hell yeah!

76561198018697268.png

#5 2017-02-01 17:17:35

DerReise

cool

w00t

#6 2017-02-04 20:34:07

Legacy
Administrator
Website

http://allr6.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?id=13   SCREEN SHOTS THREAD. ALIVE AND WELL!

76561198018697268.png

#7 2017-02-13 02:10:30

Mitch

Hey, does this work for the Original Rainbow Six Ravenshield original copies (before steam)?

#8 2017-02-14 05:42:52

Mitch

Sorry mate cheers for response, Great job proud of the work, keeping RVS alive big_smile

#9 2017-02-16 02:26:05

Mitch

I tried, installing this. Does it work for Raven Shield 1.0? It seems to continue to show the Ubi.com login each time entering..

#10 2017-02-17 05:10:49

Legacy
Administrator
Website

Mitch wrote:

I tried, installing this. Does it work for Raven Shield 1.0? It seems to continue to show the Ubi.com login each time entering..

Are you running the original CD version of Raven Shield?
If so make sure it is patched to 1.60. [ https://www.fileplanet.com/122251/12000 … English%5d ]

Then install the patch from us for the multiplayer.
Then you will not have to login. Just click internet and you should see servers listed.

Let us know if any issues smile
http://www.r6chat.com for voice chat/text chat too.

76561198018697268.png

#11 2017-02-18 05:08:56

Mitch

Thanks mate, advising our 1.0 Players to upgrade to 1.6 to make it to work. Love to see a update on Players and ping listed as well, finding it difficult to see who is and not on the server. Unless you have a Server list on a website what could maybe help us how many players on each server or what are the popular servers played on?

#12 2017-02-18 12:31:17

Legacy
Administrator
Website

Mitch wrote:

Thanks mate, advising our 1.0 Players to upgrade to 1.6 to make it to work. Love to see a update on Players and ping listed as well, finding it difficult to see who is and not on the server. Unless you have a Server list on a website what could maybe help us how many players on each server or what are the popular servers played on?

The most popular servers are all of the ALLR6.com servers due to our Discord and advertising and this site. 160+ players and growing. Check out the Steam group too 165 players and growing. Link in my sig. Also TheSrgt Full Weps server (but many mods) and The Freedom Server as well.

Hopefully in the next update the player count will show in the in game server list. smile

Tell everyone! Use http://www.r6chat.com for comms and let everyone know they are welcome. Servers are full a few times a day at different times. We have players from all over the world in different time zones.

76561198018697268.png

#13 2017-02-21 07:32:37

Chriswak

If you experience any Unhandled Exceptions/crashes while using the R6GameServicePatcher, please file an issue on the github page: https://github.com/eth0up/R6GameServicePatcher. There you will also find browsable source code for the R6GameServicePatcher, if you'd like to check it out.

While updates will not likely be often(it seems to be working just fine so far!), the latest-compiled version will always be located in the "Release" folder on github (https://github.com/eth0up/R6GameService … atcher.exe).

Hope to see many of you online in the near future!

Enjoy,
Chris

#14 2017-03-01 19:19:44

davee

is this patch safe? norton says no

#15 2017-03-01 19:33:46

Legacy
Administrator
Website

Norton is a joke. Yes its safe. Would I build an entire community if it wasnt lol.

Anyways join us in chat at www.r6chat.com too

76561198018697268.png

#16 2017-03-01 19:34:26

Legacy
Administrator
Website

Ps use Avg Free

76561198018697268.png

#17 2017-03-11 23:21:42

Kevin

I am Having the same issue where it wants me to log in before I can look for a server. I am 99% sure I am on the 1.6 patch.

#18 2017-03-12 02:31:29

Legacy
Administrator
Website

Kevin did you install the patch above? That will solve your issue and you won't have to login.

76561198018697268.png

#19 2017-03-12 12:12:38

Chriswak

davee wrote:

is this patch safe? norton says no

Hey davee!

Yes, the R6GameServicePatcher is very safe. How it works is that it first finds a very specific section inside your unpatched R6GameService.dll - this section contains a super-pesky hard-coded instruction that tells your game to ping the ubisoft servers a bunch of times - this instruction in the unpatched DLL fails of course, because they took their servers down. Next, after making sure it found the correct instructions, the R6GameServicePatcher re-writes that instruction into the DLL to make it so that the calls to their servers are skipped/ignored entirely in every possible case. The reason this instruction needs to be ignored is because any time the ping to the (now non-existent) ubisoft servers happens, it causes massive lag.

Rather than distribute a pre-patched DLL file to everyone, I opted to write the R6GameServicePatcher. There were two reasons for this. First, the R6GameServicePatcher is very small in file size compared to a DLL. Second, the patcher method made it so that if any additional patching was required now or in the future, I'd be able to more easily roll out the changes while preserving any other changes that have been made to the base DLL file itself.

If you (or a friend) can read/understand C#, you are more than welcome to review the application's source code on my github(https://github.com/eth0up/R6GameServicePatcher), or optionally you could also load the R6GameServicePatcher into a C# decompiler (such as the free and awesome ILSpy program) and review it there.

Scanners may detect this application as "an application that injects code into files" or something similar because, well, that's exactly what it does wink

Enjoy,
Chris

Last edited by Chriswak (2017-03-12 12:16:02)

#20 2017-03-14 23:12:59

ONETWOTHEBRAINPAN

STILL getting the R65FX-T mismatch error. Any ideas?

#21 2017-03-15 09:27:44

Legacy
Administrator
Website

ONETWOTHEBRAINPAN wrote:

STILL getting the R65FX-T mismatch error. Any ideas?

Join me on www.r6chat.com the Discord. I can send you my R6SFX-T.
Its R6S not R65

76561198018697268.png

#22 2017-03-30 09:51:21

ONETWOTHEBRAINPAN

Are there any mods that can be run while not messing up multiplayer?

#23 2017-03-30 12:02:17

Legacy
Administrator
Website

Most of them are for single player with the exception of the ones that the servers will have on them. I say just run another copy of the game on another hard drive and use it for mods.

We should be adding a holographic and red dot and new acog sight soon to the ALLR6 servers smile

76561198018697268.png

#24 2017-04-04 19:57:33

MikeM

I've verified my games cache integrity so that I know it's at 1.6 and then installed the MP patch above, but I still get asked to log into Ubi.com for online.
Anything I'm missing?

#25 2017-04-04 20:00:53

Legacy
Administrator
Website

MikeM wrote:

I've verified my games cache integrity so that I know it's at 1.6 and then installed the MP patch above, but I still get asked to log into Ubi.com for online.
Anything I'm missing?

Welcome Mike, be sure you are choosing the right location where your game is installed on your computer.
The default patch installation location may not be the same as yours.

(Don't verify the files after you've installed the patch because it will delete the patch.)

Join us on voice/text chat at www.r6chat.com (we use http://discordapp.com/download app)

76561198018697268.png

QUICK REPLY

Write Your Message and Submit

Footer

ALLR6 Built by Legacy | © Copyright 2016-Present
Get Rainbow Six 3 Gold On Steam!
Classic Rainbow Six Lives in 2022!

Rainbow Six, Rogue Spear, Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield, Athena Sword, Iron Wrath, Black Arrow, R6 Siege, Quarantine, Extraction, Black Ops Plus All Expansions
We Are Not Affiliated With Ubisoft or Red Storm Entertainment