You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-19 16:38:30

BlackNoise

Do you think Raven Shield needs a sound overhaul?

A thought's been on my mind for a long time.

First off, how many of you here have played the original Ghost Recon?
Well, how many of you have played the excellent mod Heroes Unleashed?
Now what can you tell me about the sound design in that mod?

For me, I always found the sounds in Heroes Unleashed to be so visceral, loud and punchy it really drags you into the game.
Every gunshot sounds like it could pierce your ears! Even the impact sounds on the ground close you warn you to get out of harms way!
Thanks to that sound design, you can even FEEL when an enemy bullet hits and kills you!

While Raven Shield's sound design is good, I always feel that, especially with the visual overalls it's been given by modern day mods like Raven Shield 2.0, maybe its sounds need some treatment to catch up to it. Perhaps even literally use the sounds from Heroes Unleashed in a kind of sound overall mod for Raven Shield.

What do you guys think?

POLL - CAST YOUR VOTE!

Want a sound overall mod for Raven Shield?

1. Yes - Votes: 2 [50%]

50%

2. No - Votes: 2 [50%]

50%

Guests can't vote

#2 2018-01-31 13:42:41

Epic Bob Ross

Re: Do you think Raven Shield needs a sound overhaul?

I would be willing to help with this. I've done some realism sound mods before

#3 2018-02-01 04:58:55

EliteMercenary

I think it really needs a terrorist voice set overhaul. The fact that every one of them speaks English with terrible accents takes away from the immersion for me. We could always rip the voices from Rogue Spear and replace the default terrorist voices with those.

#4 2018-02-01 12:22:39

Epic Bob Ross

I have a bunch of voice overs from the Russians in BF3

I like EliteMercenary's idea too
I think a few new weapon sounds would be cool too. Even some more explosions

I've studied Russian, so I'd be able to fit in the right dialogue with the appropriate sound files

Last edited by Epic Bob Ross (2018-02-01 12:27:14)

#5 2018-02-01 18:10:04

EliteMercenary

I have Rogue Spear installed on this computer for my map conversion work. I could try to extract the soundsets from it. I forget if there is a Spanish set from the Mexico City level? I'll find out!

#6 2018-02-01 21:52:44

EliteMercenary

The terrorists speak English in the Mexico City map on Rogue Spear, I was so disappointed! At least there's Russian in there.

#7 2018-02-02 03:44:37

Epic Bob Ross

I figured a Russian voice mod would be more appropriate. A lot of the new models are wearing Russian tactical gear.
I could get started on this when I find some resources to to figure out how the Audio is packed.

Last edited by Epic Bob Ross (2018-02-02 03:49:24)

#8 2018-02-02 08:44:22

EliteMercenary

I would not say it's more appropriate. We should have Portuguese for the main campaign. Spanish would definitely be useful as well. German, Italian, and French would be good for the European missions. I believe the terrorists for the European missions usually have voice sets labeled as French or German, but they speak English. I believe Spanish exists as a label in resource files, but it was years ago when I last looked at the voice sets for Rainbow Six 3. Russian and Arabic would be nice additions as well though.

I think a great thing to do would be to get a variety of voice sets. Portuguese, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, etc... I guess we could get Rwanda-Rundi in there as well for completeness R6-wise.

#9 2018-02-02 13:57:00

Epic Bob Ross

If you send me the rogue spear tango voice files ill get started on this.
I have a bunch of German voice overs from Call of Duty WaW and BF1

#10 2018-02-02 13:59:49

Epic Bob Ross

I'd also like to see some new weapon sounds. I've got a bunch of sounds in my working folder from modding Arma and other games

#11 2018-02-03 16:29:49

EliteMercenary

I can take care of the Rogue Spear Russian stuff, no worries. smile I will have a look into Ghost Recon once I get it installed too. I think Island Thunder has Spanish, but I'm not sure. What I like about porting soundsets from these games is that they are formatted the same; panic, taunt, surrender, etc... so it is easy to port them over. I speak Spanish, but I have no Russian background, so having those labels is very helpful!

Do you know any sources for other languages?

#12 2018-02-03 20:45:33

Epic Bob Ross

I have a bunch of Russian and German voice overs from different games
But I know how to properly reformat audio to the game. Im just not sure how its packaged or what software to use to pack it

Last edited by Epic Bob Ross (2018-02-03 20:47:35)

#13 2018-02-03 21:22:56

EliteMercenary

Okay, maybe we can have multiple Russian voice sets. I can try to explain the process of getting them in the game later. I'm messing with the terrain editor at the moment. Man I hate that thing in UnrealED...!

QUICK REPLY

Write Your Message and Submit

Footer

ALLR6 Built by Legacy | © Copyright 2016-Present
Get Rainbow Six 3 Gold On Steam!
Classic Rainbow Six Lives in 2022!

Rainbow Six, Rogue Spear, Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield, Athena Sword, Iron Wrath, Black Arrow, R6 Siege, Quarantine, Extraction, Black Ops Plus All Expansions
We Are Not Affiliated With Ubisoft or Red Storm Entertainment