You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-04 03:08:14

hk416_nut

Are Tangos still too accurate in MODDED R6?

Hello.

I've been playing my copy of Raven Shield for a while after modding it,
exactly as instructed by this guide here
https://www.moddb.com/games/tom-clancys-rainbow-six-3-raven-shield/tutorials/guide-to-install-a-heavily-modded-raven-shield-for-single-player

I remember one of the issues with the vanilla Tango AI is that they
often shoot you instantly as soon as they see you and can take you down with pinpoint accuracy,
even with pistols.

Playing the game modded now, I can't help but still see this issue.
Enemies still shoot me just as soon as they see me and with deadly accuracy like trained operatives,
when I'm sure I'm supposed to be fighting lesser experienced and disorganised terrorists.

As far as I know, the files provided by the guide include the General Realism Mod and Elite Counter Terror mod -
the former which is supposed to fix the enemy accuracy.

Though I am also always playing on Elite difficulty as I'm afraid playing on Veteran would make them
take TOO long to react to seeing me.

Has anyone else encountered this problem or is it just me?

Thanks.

#2 2021-07-07 22:26:13

jug

Re: Are Tangos still too accurate in MODDED R6?

Hey man.
Their accuracy has been dealt with in some ways:

1. General Realism is off by default. We have experienced too much of off-target tangos with it, specially at point blank, so i decided to turn it off. You can install it and try with it on though.

2. Still, the pistol-snipers have disappeared, because weapon-based accuracy is in effect. Always check which part of your body you are exposing, if it's the head u'll still be insta-killed.

3. The experience on elite has been rebalanced, adding 'some' reaction time to the tangos. Now, it's somewhere between instant and a fraction of a second (randomized). Sometimes u'll still face the lightning fast tango, but it's rare. Check if you have used my tangoAI preset, included in the guide.

4. sometimes, what's probably making the game unrealistic can be seen on the template files for the tangos ('template' folder). There are maps where the LAZY AF devs gave max stats to all the tangos. You can add some variety putting a random factor value of maybe 35. Therefore their stats will range from 65 to 100, adding a realistic variety.

#3 2021-07-09 14:52:52

hk416_nut

Re: Are Tangos still too accurate in MODDED R6?

Hey. Wouldn't you know it?
I already checked the .mod file and found out what the problem was.
In spite of it being RvS2.0, it had both sets of rules for default and RvS2.0 versions of the GenReal mod
so I commented out the default ones and fixed the RvS2.0 ones. I tested it and, either I'm having a placebo effect,
or it's actually made a world of difference for me. Tangos aren't acting like total aimbots and my Lone Wolf T-hunt sessions
are more feasible.

jug wrote:

1. General Realism is off by default. We have experienced too much of off-target tangos with it, specially at point blank, so i decided to turn it off. You can install it and try with it on though.

On-off tangos?

3. The experience on elite has been rebalanced, adding 'some' reaction time to the tangos. Now, it's somewhere between instant and a fraction of a second (randomized). Sometimes u'll still face the lightning fast tango, but it's rare. Check if you have used my tangoAI preset, included in the guide.

I am using your AI present.
Thanks but I found that, more often than not, I came across the lightning fast tangos so reactivating the GenReal mod
seemed to fix that for me.

4. sometimes, what's probably making the game unrealistic can be seen on the template files for the tangos ('template' folder). There are maps where the LAZY AF devs gave max stats to all the tangos. You can add some variety putting a random factor value of maybe 35. Therefore their stats will range from 65 to 100, adding a realistic variety.

I did add the template files recommended on the guide. Although I also installed the RVS Mega Map Pack 1.0.
Still, how can I change the tango stats by myself?

QUICK REPLY

Write Your Message and Submit

Footer

ALLR6 Built by Legacy | © Copyright 2016-Present
Get Rainbow Six 3 Gold On Steam!
Classic Rainbow Six Lives in 2022!

Rainbow Six, Rogue Spear, Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield, Athena Sword, Iron Wrath, Black Arrow, R6 Siege, Quarantine, Extraction, Black Ops Plus All Expansions
We Are Not Affiliated With Ubisoft or Red Storm Entertainment